P.O.L.O. currently participates in county meetings which have an impact on the quality of life in our area. We attend Valley Planning Committee meetings (VPAC), Santa Barbara Board of Supervisors Meetings, and Planning Commission meetings as well as meetings of other like-minded citizens organizations.
Our membership and directors have attended over 100 county, state and federal meetings in the past two years. Our members have written thousands of letters and have sent thousands of emails to local, state and federal officials and public agencies in order to lobby for issues affecting residents of the Santa Ynez Valley. We have joined with the efforts of many other groups and we have made a difference.
Following is a partial list of just some of the agencies that we have worked with to ensure a voice for the Santa Ynez Valley in future plans for their community:
- Santa Ynez Valley Airport Authority
- Public Works and Solid Waste Management
- Santa Barbara County Planning and Development
- S. B. County Board of Supervisors
- S.B. County Planning Commission
- S.B. County Health Dept.
- Cal. State Fish and Game Dept.
- Cal Trans
- Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Department of Interior
- Interior Board of Indian Appeals
We have also worked with several other pro-active agencies in the valley:
- POSY, Preservation of Santa Ynez
- We Watch
- Los Olivos Grange
- Los Olivos Business Organization
- Los Olivos Rotary
- Citizens for Sensible Planning (Goleta)
- Santa Ynez Valley Concerned Citizens
- Homeowners Defense Fund (Montecito)
- The River Committee
- The Ag Committee